SLIDER

Designer Kelly Rideout Takes Questions With Zoe


I have been asked quite a few questions recently so I decided to tell you a little more about me below as my friend and collegue Zoe questioned me. 
Where do you live?
Hayling Island (a real island with a bridge to join it to the English mainland. Everytime I drive over the bridge I know I am nearly home surrounded by beautiful sea) in Hampshire UK. 
What medium do you use?
Mixed media (Paper, Textiles, Flowers and little treasures I find along the way) and I work on Photoshop, Procreate and Adobe Lightroom mainly.
How do you stay inspired?
I stay inspired by looking around me everyday, keeping my mind open, writing my blog and reading others blogs. I love books and have stacks all around my studio and I grow a cutting flower garden which I use in my designs. That keeps me inspired daily.
What colour combination are you most excited about right now?
I love rustic reds, pinks and a touch of gold right now.
What blog(s) do you read?
I read way too many!
What illustration job would you love to get (your dream job)?
I would love to illustrate my own book Inspired Living Now and a childrens book (already have the outline). Can I also add a range of garden and flower gifts too!
Name something you do in your spare time.
I grow a cutting flower garden, wonder antique shops and vintage shops for little treasures. Play fun and crazy games with my two wild boys and I enjoy tending to my blog https://inspiredliving-now.blogspot.com
What’s your favourite TV show?
My favourite show right now Billions
What is your favourite cake or wine?
White wine in summer and red wine in winter every time. 
Do you wear shoes when you do art?
Never, I am always in bare feet unless it is freezing then funky socks is a must!  The studio floor is tiled so in winter it gets freezing.
What do you listen to while you work?
Lounge, country, podcasts or something on the radio, depending on my mood.
How do you stay in shape?
I like to go on my bike, swim or gym.
What is your current favourite font?
I have way too many
How do you take your coffee?
Flat white or iced coffee in the summer - lovely!
Favourite Quote
The best way to predict the future is to to create it by Abraham Lincoln
© Flower Ideas Blog • Theme by Maira G.