SLIDER

How To Host Your Own Flower Party

I recently hosted a flower party for friends and featured a flower bar with my garden cut flowers where gusts could make their own floral bouquets. It was a great way to get everyone together and have fun with flowers, learning something new while catching up. 

Flower Bar with homegrown flowers
Although I used garden flowers other ways to create a flower bar could include brought bunches, visiting a pick your own flower event or ordering a Do-It-Yourself flower bucket from a local flower farm.

I decided on a cosy cottage theme where I re-used everyday flower vases and jugs, however for a chic feel you could mix tall cylinder glass vases and galvanised metal buckets. You can see more ideas on my Pinterest boards for flower party ideas. 

The Flower Bar for my party was set on a vintage style potting table which meant I could hang the flower decorations off the side and layer flower wrap for each guest with stickers, British twine, ribbons, scissors and pens all on the flower bar.  I used materials from my Wrap & Grow range which you can see on the shop.

Garden cut flowers dahlias, Calendula offinalis, Phloax drummondii gardaniflora 'Cherry Caramel' 
I had an eco-friendly event as I wanted to make sure I had non coated flower wrap so it can be recycled, recycled kraft papers, eco-friendly tissue paper, wooden labels which are from sustainable certified woodlands and vessels I could reuse after the event.


Wooden flower decorations keepsakes
I did send party invitations which I designed from flowers which would be featured in the vases at my flower party. I photographed the flowers and made them into an invitation for favourite friends. Other ideas to create invitations could include a special photograph with the message on the back, pressed flower cards or download our free invitation to printout yourself.








I found that the flower party was a great opportunity to get some wonderful photographs of my friends and I to share on instagram and Facebook. I will be taking more photographs at the next event as I want to complete our our flower story.


Flower story collage sheet

If you host a flower party do include the tag #Flowerpartyfun as I love to see your faces and fun at flower parties. I will be doing the same at our next flower party so do follow me on Instagram @flowerwrapandgrow to keep in touch.


I did add afternoon tea, with cake and some bubbles for refreshment, to keep the party flowing. The party had a lovely feeling and I am already planning my next flower party event for 2020. It was great to see all my friends have a great time and take some special flowers for themselves home that they created from the day. 



Wrap and Grow - flower wrapping paper and bouquets

Quote
Happiness radiates like the fragrance from a flower and draws all good things towards you. - Maharishi Mahesh Yogi

This is the flower list of the flora and foliage I included from my cutting garden
From left to right: Sweet peas Harlequin Sweet Pea Mix and Vintage Silk Sweet Pea Mix, Phlox drummondii grandiflora 'Cherry Caramel’ with Orlaya grandiflora, Cosmos bipinnatus ‘Dazzler’, Cosmos bipinnatus ‘Daydream’, Cosmos bipinnatus ‘Purity’, Cosmos Cupcake blush, Cosmos Cupcake White, Helianthus annuus ‘Sonja’, Calendula officinalis 'Indian Prince’, Snapdragon ‘Madame Butterfly Bronze’ Antirrhinum majus, Dahlia 'Totally Tangerine’, Dahlia 'Linda's Baby’, Dahlia ‘Snowstorm’, Dahlia 'Bright Eyes’ David Austin roses Desdemona and Port Sunlight, Euphorbia oblongata, Cerinthe major ‘Purpurascens’ and the large Dahlia 'Fairway Spur’.

I generally grow my flowers from seed and you can purchase these cut flower seeds from the suppliers below and rose plants, these are the sites I tend to use the most. (Please note with Floret there are import taxes which are due and in come cases I have paid more than the order to the UK. Although I deemed it as ok as I collect seeds each year and so I haven't need to purchase again).

David Austin Roses (beautiful award winning roses)
Floret (amazing cut flowers including Daydream and Cupcake Cosmos)
Sarah Raven (wonderful dahlias, cutflower sets and flowers for nearly everything)
Suttons (A good selection of seeds and shrubs)


Flower bar and wooden flower decoration keepsakes

British Flowers


The Flower Bar - Party Ideas
Cut flowers from the garden


Ribbons and British twine

Helianthus annuus 'Sonja'

If you plan a flower party do make sure you look at my shop which offers flower wrap, flower stickers, these wooden flower decorations and soon new for 2020 Party Sharing Sets. 

© Flower Ideas Blog • Theme by Maira G.